1.12.2011

Good morning!

A first post is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. It's the problem of the blank page; there are so many possibilities, and it's difficult to start exploring one without erring on the side of being pretentious. Since that is the very opposite of my goal here, I feel it prudent to move on from this subject and onto the purpose of this blog.

My morning routine consists of making coffee and then sitting down to peruse a variety of news outlets. Most mornings I find something that sticks with me for the rest of the day (or at least until the coffee mug is empty). It's not always something important; in fact, most of the time it's something so insignificant I wonder if I'm the only one who caught it. When I happen upon these bits of news, I often want a place to further explore them, and while Facebook is perfect for small inquiry, the space of a status update is rather limiting.

I will also incorporate information from the Twitter accounts I follow. More often than not, I find more thought-provoking stuff there anyway since people seem to be totally uninhibited when they log on to social networking sites. And as a student of literature and a journalism major, I must warn you: I have a great affinity for words, and I like to use a lot of them. So I apologize in advance for being excessively verbose.

Now, without further ado...

2 comments:

  1. Again, I applaud your ability to wax interesting and poetic on everyday, humdrum goings-on. A skill that has always alluded me, and prevented me from keeping a blog or any kind of diary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you : ). It is a finely honed skill (not really).

    You should do it anyway. It's a lot of fun, and you'd be really good at it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.