1.24.2011

"Monday, Monday/Can't trust that day"

The Mamas and The Papas were the first, I believe, to suggest that Monday is an untrustworthy day. I happen to be in complete agreement. It's not that I have a personal grudge to bear against Monday, but Mondays are slippery. They begin and end before I have a chance to get completely involved. It's like they're trying to get themselves over with.

Most of us are only too happy to see a Monday pass. It means the week is really underway, and the weekend is one day closer to its arrival. I happen to enjoy Mondays when I can get a firm grasp on one. They are a chance at a fresh start, a chance to be more together than I was last week. More often than not, though, Monday becomes the blur that gets the week started. It doesn't really seem like the beginning of anything. It's just a day of preparation for the rest of the week. Maybe The Mamas and The Papas were right on two counts; sometimes it just turns out that way.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you left him out on purpose, but perhaps you recall a certain famous, corpulent feline who was also not a fan of Mondays? Usually, his Mondays included getting a SPLUT of pie in the face. I certainly hope nothing like that plagues your Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.